Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Monster Moose

I was so scared the other day! I usually get up around 5:30 AM to go potty. Motch opens the door to the deck and I run down the stairs, do my business, and head back inside.

I was outside relieving myself when all of a sudden a big monster of a dog named MOOSE ran over to my yard! He ran right up to Motch and wanted to be scratched, and then he started to HOWL! He's a golden retriever who lives next door, but I've only seen him from a distance -- never up close -- and when he came over, I took off running.

Motch had no idea where I was, so she frantically called for PA, who came to help find me. He looked in the front yard and Motch stood in the back yard calling my name over and over again. I stayed right where I was, hiding under the deck in the pitch black early morning hour, until I could stop shaking enough to inch my way out from under cover. And once I was back inside the house, I immediately went to my crate to find more shelter in this time of storm.

I'm no dummy; I'm much more cautious when I go outside these days, especially when it's dark.

13 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh you poor baby...that's no way to be introduced...especially that early in the morning. How scawie!!!

I hope at some point you'll get a proper introduction and maybe become friends with Moose. Doesn't Taddy like him?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Peanut said...

Yeah I think he's Taddy's friend. If Tad likes him then he must be okay. You can make friends with him later maybe when it's light outside.

Ferndoggle said...

Mean Moosie! You should pee on him next time. Or have Tad beat him up a little bit.

Lola

Asta said...

Petra
That sound tewwwifying!
Eawly in the mowning especcially..pwobably undew mowe civilized ciwcumstances Moose could be nice, but this sounds awful..I hope you feel safe now!
get some west
smoochie kisses
Asta

MJ's doghouse said...

poor little girl..
i wouldnt worry too m uch..i am sure your momma wouldnt let him in the yard if she thought he would hurt you...

Anonymous said...

Petra

Tell Tad to bring Moose over in the daytime and make introductions, I am sure he is just a big sweetie and wants to be your friend.

Hugs and belly rubs

Ruby's Nanny

Moco said...

How scary. Luckly you were able to make it to safety. I am sure Moose does not want to hurt you and you will become a great friend. Maybe you will go on wonderful adventures together.

Joe Stains said...

that sounds totally SCARY!? I cant believe you were so brave to hang around, I would have been gone! Tanner tagged you on my blog to answer some questions.

Jen and Suki said...

You poor baby! But I'm not sure who was probably more scared after you ran away, Motch or you! Mom gets REALLY scared when I take off. At least you have your safe place with the pretty pink stuff inside!

Balboa said...

that was very smart of you to hide in a safe place. That crate looks very strong and secure, perfect for hiding.

I bet Moose just wants to be friends, I bet he wounldn't mind if you wrastled with him, hee hee

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Sophie Brador said...

Petra, I just think you have the best name in the whole doggie universe, and you are super duper cute too.

Is the Fig who comes to visit the same Fig who lives with Tadpole? That would be so cool, because it would mean that you probably get actual face time with Tad.

xo
SB

Stanley said...

Petra girl!

I know I always feel most vulnerable when I'm taking the first whiz of the day. Whoa! That must have been pretty weird and scary.

Bet that Monster Moose is not such a monster later on in the day. Hope you get to meet him when you're more ready for it.

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Stella said...

Hey PG (that's for Petra Girl)!

NO matter what happened with the big monster Moosie while you were copping a squat, I know you're a brave pupgirl. If another dog startles me or scares me, it makes me mad & I usually march right up to them (even if it's not a good idea) to tell them off.

Sounds like the MOOSE might end up being a friend, even if he doesn't know how to say hi properly the first time he meets a sweet pupgirl like yourself!

I'm glad you're okay and came out from under the deck (I spend lots of time under our deck too ~ makes me feel like a spy).

Gooby love & kissies for you,
STELLA