Thursday, November 20, 2008

defense successful!

I'm so proud of Leah! She took her stand and stood firm and WON! Now she has her master's degree, so do I call her Master Leah instead of Sister Leah?
All of the hours we spent working together on her thesis paid off, and I know she's thankful for the help I offered as we labored together night and day, month after month. Since Motch works at the university, she took time off to stand with Leah. Except she had to sit and not talk (Leah's rules). She left her building and walked to the meeting.
Leah didn't know she brought her camera, but I asked her to take it so I could see pictures since I couldn't go. Anyway, Motch tried to take a picture of Leah leaving her office but Leah said "NO" and got mad. So Motch put the camera away and tried to obey the rules so she wouldn't get kicked out of the defense.
After 45 minutes, the decision was made and Leah was told she passed! She was so happy that she let Motch take her picture with the Chair of her committee and another committee member who was present via phone.

Thus ends a happy day. Now we're going to my grandma's for pizza and cake, and I hope I get some food to help celebrate.

14 comments:

Beckett said...

We are doing a dance in Leah's honor!

Beckett

Ruby Bleu said...

Oh Petra...you most certainly deserve pizza and cake too...you really helped! Me and Mom are sooooooooo happy for Master Leah or is it Massah Leah - BOL!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Hooray Leah!!!!!! Don't forget to give Petra pizza and cake for helping!!
Many,many congratulations...what do you do next?? Go to Disneyland?? ;)
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

Peanut said...

We knew she could do it. Congrats Massah in law. haha sorry we had to say it. We couldn't help it

leah said...

WOOOOOO! Thank you, Petra! I couldn't have done it without you!!

leah said...

I'm so happy I'll even forgive Motch for her incessant picture taking!

Lorenza said...

Congratulations to Leah!
I hope you had a great celebration!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Congratulations, Leah! All your hard work and dedication has paid off.

Levi's mom

Bae Bae said...

Congrates to Master Leah

~ Bae

MJ's doghouse said...

well that is quite a thing Petra...I still dont understand all this standing thing...but as long as she passed...i guess that is all that has to matter....you go girls...

Lady Kaos said...

WOOHOO for Leah! I'm sure she appreciates your help alot! How in the world did she not know Motch was bringing the camera? We all knew she would! Silly girl! That's a great picture of her and the other "people."
Hope you got lots of pizza and cake to help celebrate!
Kaos

Eduardo said...

Congrats Master Leah! That is so great!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so happy for Leah! What awesome news! This deserves major celebrating!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Joe Stains said...

I know for SURE it was all of your help that allowed her to be successful!